Current time is 03:19 - Sorry, we're currently closed. If you need emergency medical assistance please dial 999. If you need urgent medical assistance please call NHS 111.
Latest News (click title to open):
Rothschild House Group comprises five surgeries; our main surgery is Rothschild House in Tring with branch surgeries in Markyate, Pitstone and Berkhamsted plus an additional site in Tring – The New Surgery.
For more information please see our practice leaflet.
Our Mission Statement expresses Rothschild House Group’s purpose and vision. The whole team is committed to provide high quality care. We will put our patients first, respecting individuality and dignity.
As a training Practice Rothschild Group provides placements for Foundation Doctors and GP Registrars.
Foundation Doctors are fully qualified Doctors who are rotating around various specialties to increase their knowledge and experience. Some of them may choose to go on to do further training to become a GP and others may want to become surgeons or specialist Doctors in a hospital setting. Each Foundation Doctor will be with us for a 4 month placement. They will be closely supervised and assessed throughout their time with us.
We will also at times have GP Registrars working as part of the team. A GP registrar is a fully qualified, experienced Doctor who is completing a further 3 years training in order to become a GP.
GP registrars have daily surgeries, undertake home visits and help with on-call doctor duties. Their placements with us vary in length, depending on their stage of training, from 4 months to over 12 months. They are supervised and assessed on a regular basis. Patients may on occasion, be asked whether they mind having their consultation videoed for assessment purposes/ and or to complete patient satisfaction questionnaires.
The Practice supports the government’s ‘Zero Tolerance’ campaign for Health Service Staff. This states that GPs and their staff have a right to care for others without fear of being attacked or abused. To successfully provide these services a mutual respect between all the staff and patients has to be in place. All our staff aim to be polite, helpful, and sensitive to all patients’ individual needs and circumstances.
However, aggressive behaviour, be it violent or abusive, will not be tolerated. Examples of behaviour that would be found unacceptable include, but are not limited to:
- Using bad language or swearing at practice staff,
- Any physical violence towards any member of the Primary Health Care Team or other patients, such as pushing or shoving,
- Verbal abuse towards the staff in any form including shouting at or verbally insulting the staff,
- Racial abuse and sexual harassment will not be tolerated within this practice,
- Persistent or unrealistic demands that cause stress to staff will not be accepted. Requests will be met wherever possible and explanations given when they cannot,
- Causing damage/stealing from the Practice’s premises, staff or patients,
- Obtaining drugs and/or medical services fraudulently,
- The taking of or recording of images of staff, doctors or nurses within the practice without their express consent.